Valentine’s Day Cookies: Delicious Cut-outs For Your Sweetheart
Looking for recipe ideas to feed your sweetheart’s sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day? Look no further. This year, make a batch of these fun heart shaped cookies that are not only rich and delicious but also super easy to put together. Which of course only you would know. We point you the recipe to make these tasty Valentine’s Day cookies.
Image via: glorioustreats.com
Yields: 6 dozens
1 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ¾ cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup whipping cream
½ cup colored sugar
- Cream together sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift baking powder and all-purpose flour together. Stir into the above mixture alternating with the whipping cream. Cover dough, and let it chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes using cookie cutters. Place the cut-outs 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Sprinkle colored sugar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven or until edges and bottoms of cookies turn slightly brown. Remove from baking sheet and let them cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
While these Valentines Day cookies are just perfect to surprise your sweetheart, you could also consider baking them together. Not only will you end creating delightful cookies but also lasting memories!